Thursday, June 20, 2013

Very Brief Film Reviews: Eddie Izzard

Eddie Izzard: The Definite Article (1996)
Eddie Izzard: Glorious (1997)


Eddie Izzard: The Definite Article: Eddie Izzard is wonderful...except when he's not. He's not very smooth. He'll have whole sections which just aren't very funny, and then in a heartbeat I'll be laughing so hard I'm crying and gasping for breath. In general, I love him, but I do wish he were a little more consistent. The nature of comedy, I guess.

Eddie Izzard: Glorious: Basically the same: parts were great, other parts were lame. I kept doing bad Sean Connery impersonations for a week. My wife was ready to kill me.

My favorite Eddie Izzard filmed routine is definitely Dress to Kill (1999); I would recommend that one above these other two routines. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend being in a relaxed, probably somewhat drunk, giggly mood already, and then you'll have a terrific time.


IMDB: Definite Article
IMDB: Glorious

No comments:

Post a Comment